Henry Alfred Kissinger (May 27, 1923) is an American politician, diplomat, and geopolitical consultant who served as United States Secretary of State and National Security Advisor under the presidential administrations of Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. A Jewish refugee who fled Nazi Germany with his family in 1938, he became National Security Advisor in 1969 and U.S. Secretary of State in 1973. For his actions negotiating a ceasefire in Vietnam, Kissinger received the 1973 Nobel Peace Prize under controversial circumstances, with two members of the committee resigning in protest. A practitioner of Realpolitik, Kissinger played a prominent role in United States foreign policy between 1969 and 1977. During this period, he pioneered the policy of détente with the Soviet Union, orchestrated the opening of relations with the People’s Republic of China, engaged in what became known as shuttle diplomacy in the Middle East to end the Yom Kippur War, and negotiated the Paris Peace Accords, ending American involvement in the Vietnam War. Kissinger has also been associated with such controversial policies as U.S. involvement in the 1973 Chilean military coup, a “green light” to Argentina’s military junta for their Dirty War, and U.S. support for Pakistan during the Bangladesh War despite the genocide being perpetrated by his allies. After leaving government, he formed Kissinger Associates, an international geopolitical consulting firm. Kissinger has written over a dozen books on diplomatic history and international relations. Kissinger remains a controversial and polarizing figure in American politics, both condemned as an alleged war criminal by many journalists, political activists, and human rights lawyers, as well as venerated as a highly effective U.S. Secretary of State by many prominent international relations scholars. We bring you the compilation of the best Henry Kissinger Quotes, hope you like it.
Quotes are powerful resource tools in areas of personal growth, life issues, business, leadership and meditation and from these quotes, you can derive inspiration, motivation and even hope from time to time. Furthermore, you can spice up your speeches, reports, presentations, blogs, or use them as thoughtful words to your friends and loved ones. We are not the author of these Henry Kissinger quotes but do we try as much as possible to add the author’s name to the quotes. Author’s of these quotes are poet, famous author’s, scientist, actors, philosophers, famous persons and ordinary people etc…
Intelligence is not all that important in the exercise of power and is often, in point of fact, useless. Just as a leader doesn’t need intelligence, a man in my job doesn’t need too much of it either. -Henry Kissinger
I am being frank about myself in this book. I tell of my first mistake on page 850. -Henry Kissinger
The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer. -Henry Kissinger
I do not stand on protocol. If you just call me Excellency, it will be okay. -Henry Kissinger
The history of things that didn’t happen has never been written. -Henry Kissinger
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger
90% of the politicians give the other 10% a bad reputation. -Henry Kissinger
No country can act wisely simultaneously in every part of the globe at every moment of time. -Henry Kissinger
Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. -Henry Kissinger
The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, who he assumes to have perfect vision. -Henry Kissinger
A conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if it does not lose. -Henry Kissinger
Now when I bore people at a party, they think it’s their fault. -Henry Kissinger
Have you been inspired by these Henry Kissinger quotes. If you have been enjoying our Henry Kissinger quotes compilation then do check out our collection of quotes from Authors similar to our Henry Kissinger quotes collection.
The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously. -Henry Kissinger
The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision. -Henry Kissinger
The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it’s their fault. -Henry Kissinger
We hope this compilation of quotes took you out of your grim and helped you to reflect on yourself. There are times in our lives when pausing, getting to know who you are on a deeper level, and evaluating yourself and your progress can really open up all kinds of creative and inspirational pathways. Keep Hustling and Follow Quotes Inferno for more such quotes. Feel free to share your favorite with your friends or in the comments below.